Reporting to the Assistant Controller and will support the team from an accounting aspect on the corporate and project side. Potential to oversee outsourced accounting functions.
With this fast-growing company, there is the opportunity to be promoted to Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager based on performance. Asset focus will be on predominantly land, industrial and select retail projects and developments primarily in the Southern California area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform month-end close procedures including bank reconciliations, monthly accruals, recurring and non-recurring journal entries
- Responsible for entering Yardi job cost budgets, approved contracts, and review of submitted documentation for completeness
- Prepare construction management fee calculations and maintain invoice support
- Prepare/review monthly GAAP financial statements and support schedules
- Review of third party property management monthly reporting packages
- Prepare/maintain monthly Preferred Return Calculation schedules
- Prepare monthly loan draw packages to lenders and booking related interest/debt service
- Responsible for tracking and preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual lender and investor reporting requirements
- Maintain group accounting email inbox, input select invoices to Yardi system, prepare weekly Accounts Payable analysis and cut checks
- Review new loan documents and prepare abstracts
- Track property tax payments, bills and payments
- Initiate outgoing wires and internal transfers and book related journal entries
- Update quarterly Lease Commission Schedule
- Assist in the preparation of the budgets
- Perform monthly reconciliation of corporate credit card and Fedex, including preparation/input of required journal entries and payables
- Reconcile intercompany accounts
- Assist with new bank account setup and systems implementation
- B.S. / B.A. degree in Accounting/Finance
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software including MS Word, Excel and Outlook, along with a general aptitude for technology
- Experience in Yardi Voyager is strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Hard working, motivated individual with ability to organize and balance a multi-faceted workload in an efficient manner. A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels.
- Must be a “self-starter”. We are a small company and don’t have resources for extensive training, etc.
280 Newport Center Drive, Suite 240
Newport Beach, California 92660
T (949) 688-6930